I LOVE General Conference weekend...always have...and thankfully this conference weekend was no different. Rob's family never watched conference growing up so his (and Emma's ) first experience with conference was last spring when they watched the two Sunday sessions together at my parents' house. So this conference weekend would be the first time that they would experience all four sessions (Rob, all 5 sessions) of conference. To make sure to keep them from getting bored of sitting for so long, I got Rob some new puzzles to work on while he listened to the talks. For Emma I made some play-dough, put together some crafts related to conference, printed out coloring pages, and made conference bingo cards. It worked great! Rob loved Conference and was able to listen without getting overwhelmed by the length of the meetings and Emma was in Heaven with all of the fun quiet activities.
At one point I looked around at my family all sitting in the same room together watching the Prophet speak and couldn't help but have tears come to my eyes. For so many years I have prayed and hoped for the day when I would have a family of my own to share in these righteous moments. I felt overwhelming blessed. I am so grateful that my husband is willing to partner with me to help lead our family in the ways of the Lord. I am so grateful for his desire to be righteous and to have the Lord's Spirit in our home.
There were many wonderful talks that were given and I have a whole notebook full of notes and comments and thoughts that I will use to help me and my family to grow spiritually over the next 6 months. But I think that the lesson that I learned most abundantly was not from a talk. It was from that precious moment of realizing that our family is on the right track. We will make it. We are so looking forward to the day when we will be sealed for all time and eternity together. We talk about it often and are anxiously engaged in taking the steps to make it happen. :)
Monday, October 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment