Tuesday, March 20, 2012

2012 Update

Oh goodness...where to begin? I feel like I have missed so much over the past 5 months since I last updated. I guess I'll just hit on the big things that are happening in our life right now.

SWIMMING LESSONS!
Emma is doing wonderfully! She was so nervous to begin lessons...she didn't even like putting her face near the water...after a couple of private lessons she was loving sticking her face under the water and paddling around. She is starting level 2 after spring break and she cannot wait! She's progressing so quickly and we are very proud of her!

BABY PLANNING:
Well...Rob and I have now undergone lots of testing and it has been determined that in order for us to conceive, we're going to have to use fertility drugs. We also discovered that my thyroid is extremely off...sooooo, I'm dealing with finding the appropriate level of medication to level out my thyroid so that I can get pregnant. So basically after my medication for the thyroid is great then we will start Chlomid (fertility drug) and go from there. We're hoping that we will be pregnant by the end of the year...we'll see. We know that whatever Heavenly Father has in store for us will be best. In the mean time, we are thoroughly enjoying Emma and I am loving being a Mom of one! :)

CAR SHOPPING:
We recently purchased a 2010 Toyota Camry for Rob! YAY! We finally have a reliable commuter car that gets pretty awesome gas mileage. This will be such a blessing while gas prices are rising...Rob driving to Hillsboro and back every day for work and our trips to Medford to pick up Emma once a month really add up! This was a very looooong and stressful process, so we are very happy to have it done and over with.

FIRST FAMILY VACATION:
We went camping this past weekend in Lincoln City. We stayed in yurts (which is the only way to camp in Oregon in the winter, if you ask me). My parents, Hannah, and Autumn, Emily, and Josh came along too. It was tons of fun even though it was pouring down rain, hailing, snowing, and pretty cold. :) Good memories were made and I would say that this was a pretty successful first family vacation. We're going on a road trip to Montana later this summer so this was a good trial run to see how organized I can be in getting our family ready to head out of town. Man, did I ever take for granted how much work my Mom put into our family vacations. :)


Anyway, there is a quick update about the life of the Christenson family so for in 2012. Hopefully I will be better about updating from now on. I really do enjoy blogging...I just sometimes forget that I have this when things get busy. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment