Wow, so much pressure to make this first entry something worth reading or recording and remembering rather. Life has been a whirl-wind of surprises, changes, and redirection over the last 4 months. I've taken the opportunity to look deep within myself and decide what changes needed to be made. I've made quite a few of them and have formed many healthy habits that are helping me to achieve my goals. I've learned that I can't do it all on my own and that changes won't happen over night. Sometimes I need to fall and get back up again a few times before I succeed. And I've learned that, while I occasionally get discouraged by these set-backs, it's all a part of the plan to help me to learn, understand, and embrace who I am and who I can become.
As I mentioned previously, I have set a few, rather large, goals for myself this year. I will probably go into a little more detail about them in another entry when I have more time to explain....but I've noticed how much I've missed having goals in my life. I've missed the whole process, you know!? Setting the large goal and then breaking it up into smaller, more managable goals...and the joy and I feel when I accomplish one of those smaller goals is indescribable. It gives me purpose in what I do daily as I know that these goals are righteous goals that will help me to get to where I ultimately want to be.
I'm so grateful that I have been blessed with powerful examples in my life that I can call my friends. Each of these men and women influence my life in very different ways and play very different roles in my life, however, they all mean the world to me! I know that they each have something unique and powerful to offer to me and I'm excited to continue to learn from them and their wisdom. :) These friends have saved me over and over and over again this summer and I am so thankful for them.
Well, like I said in my "welcome" note, I am a work in progress. I'm continually learning and growing and streching myself beyond my comfort zone. I know that with time and patience and persistance that I will one day become the woman that I know I can be.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment